Sunday

Hotel Equatorial Melaka

Hello my friends, or rather "kawan kawan" in Malay,


And so I have decided to pop to Melaka for a short weekend. Actually it is more of a druve around and eat weekend ....in Malaysia, we call it " Jalan Jalan Cari Makan " or in English, " Drive / walk around on food journey " .....we do that a lot in Malaysia.... we just LOVE eating !!!


So I stayed at a local International Chain hotel, Hotel Equatorial Melaka. Situated right smack in the city, there are shopping malls in front of the hotel and also there is also the Monument Square where any big events would be held.


Meaning, it is perfect for me. Shopping Mall in front, they have a huge pool, and I can walk to Jonkers Street at night too.


Now, as you probably  know now, I have 02 kids travelling with me every time, and also a nanny. So I have to take a bigger room or 02 rooms. Check out the photos :)

the address says it all......
The Address says it all

In front of the hotel, at night.




The view of the building from the pool side

View of the facade from across the street



You don't need big flowers for your hotel. Small ones like these....just nice.

A view of the Melaka town from 18th floor

The pool

Kiddies area


Tennis for some actions ?

Let's walk to my room

A sofa seating area....ok, so the furniture colours are a bit off :p

As you come in, the living hall with the dining table

Pardon my kids...they just needed to mark their territories.....

The view of the room from the bathroom

King size bed

Day Bed by the window

That's a shopping mall !!!!

The view of the room.....actually if you see the bedroom, that is how a normal Deluxe room would look like.

A clearer picture of the mall.

I like the antique fixture of the room

Extra pillows and blanket

Big safe box

*yay* I like rooms with DVD player

Complete toiletries

The only hotel that gives powder



The Jonker Walk



So my girl made this as her bed....

She said it feels princess thingy with the day drapes

another view from the room, you can see those tents over there, over at the square. 







So, I have showed you the room and facilities. I had dinner at their Nyonya restaurant too. Do you want to see ? I will post it in another posting ok ?

Oh  yeah, please bear in mind, Melaka is FULL over the weekends or school holidays and long public holidays, so you could see some price hike and the city get jammed.
Now ,  my 02 cents worth of conclusion about this hotel :


  1. It is for BOTH,  Corporate and Leisure stay. 
  2. They have big ballroom should you want to have any corporate events and stay here 
  3. They also cater for the leisure travellers, being in the city and have the resort feeling
  4. Children friendly
  5. Value for money
  6. I don't really fancy the breakfast spread, but they have nice Deli outside at the lobby and a street deli just outside, so just go there. 

Now, these are all my thoughts ya, you may like it, and you may don't.....but with the school hols coming, Melaka could be a choice ?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment